The Alzheimer Society of Manitoba is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our local community. Our offices and the delivery of programs and services are following provincial guidelines in accordance with Manitoba’s Phase 3 of Restoring Safe Services.
We are open, call us if you have questions or want to talk. Call 204-943-6622 (Winnipeg) or 1-800-378-6699 (Manitoba) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In an effort to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we are taking the following steps in the delivery of our programs and services:
- Encouraging guests to make an appointment for office visits, see contact details above. Visits include pre-screening check.
- Offering family education, support groups and community programs virtually.
- Increasing our capacity to connect with families by phone.
- Ensuring proper sanitation, physical distancing and signage are implemented in our offices and by our staff, volunteers and guests in compliance with Manitoba Health regulations and recommendations.
- Helpful Tips & Resources – a compilation of information and resources about COVID-19 and dementia.Tips for caregivers providing care at home factsheetTips for people who have dementia and are living alone factsheet For reliable and up to date information, visit the following websites:
- Manitoba COVID-19 https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/index.html
- Shared Health https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
If you have questions about programs, services or how to help us reach those who are isolated, call us 204-943-6622 in Winnipeg or 1-800-378-6699 in Manitoba.
Concerned about your symptoms or the health of the person you are caring for? Please call Health Links – Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257.