The Men’s Coffee Talk Support Group offers male care partners the opportunity to meet and share information about their experience of caring for a person with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia.
These meetings offer a supportive and confidential environment in which care partners:
- Meet to discuss common concerns and experiences
- Exchange ideas and strategies (coping and/or care related)
- Enjoy mutual support from others in an informal environment
- Gain knowledge and information regarding the nature and progression of Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia, available treatments, and community resources.
How will the Support Group benefit me?
The Men’s Coffee Talk Support Group will help you to:
- Feel less isolated by connecting with other male care partners, and by providing an opportunity about the experience of caring for someone with dementia, in an informal environment
- Maintain positive self-esteem and well-being
- Cope with changes in your role and relationship with the person with dementia
Who can join the Men’s Coffee Talk Support Group?
The Support Group is for male care partners who are:
- Caring for someone who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia
- Feel comfortable sharing their experience with others in a small group
Who facilitates the Support Group?
The Support Group is facilitated by Alzheimer Society of Manitoba Client Support staff and/or trained volunteers.
How often does the Support Group run?
The Men’s Coffee Talk Group is offered monthly on the 4th Thursday of the month from 10-11:30 am at the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba, located at 10-120 Donald St in Winnipeg.
For more information and to register for the Men’s Coffee Talk Support Group, please contact the Alzheimer Society at 204-943-6622, or via emailing email@example.com confirming your full name and the date/time of the group you are registering for.