You want to make a difference. We need your help.
At the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba, we are dedicated to providing help for those living with dementia and their families while supporting the search for a cure. But, we can’t do this alone. We need volunteers of all ages and skills to help make a difference in the lives of people with dementia.
If you can volunteer just a few hours…
The fillable form above will open and work properly when using Internet Explorer as your web browser. When using Mozilla Firefox, please click “Open With Different Viewer” (top right of form) and select “Open with Adobe Reader” to make the form a fillable format. Click here to download Adobe Reader.
Minds in Motion® program
As a Minds in Motion® program volunteer, you will:
- Be available for a 3-hour shift, for 8 consecutive weekday mornings or afternoons
- Learn to facilitate recreational programs for adults of varied ability
- Engage socially with participants
- Assist with the set-up and clean-up of refreshments and program equipment
Click HERE to see a position description.
Click HERE to find out more about the Minds in Motion® program.
Touch Quilt Program
We need volunteers to help assemble and sew Touch Quilts that provide individuals in the late stages of dementia with an opportunity for sensory stimulation.
To learn how to make a Touch Quilt, click here:
For more information or to pick up a touch quilt kit, please email Emily Kinnaird, Education Coordinator at email@example.com or call us at 204-943-6622 or 1-800-378-6699
- Data Entry
- Telephone Contact with Donors
- Collating Print Materials
- Miscellaneous Office Duties
Click HERE to see position descriptions
Support Group Volunteers
As a Support Group Facilitator, you will:
- Be available for a 2.5-hour shift once a month
- Co-facilitate a support group and create a safe and welcoming environment for care partners
- Be a listening ear
- Provide emotional support to group members
- Encourage peer support amongst participants
- Set-up and clean-up after support group
- ASM will provide orientation and support to volunteers in this role
Click here to see a position description.
If you’re interested, please email Sarah Dueck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Host Your Own Event
Plan your own event or fundraising initiative and make a difference in your community by supporting the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba!
Click HERE to find out more about Anything for Alzheimer’s
For more information, please call 204-943-6622 or email email@example.com.