Applications are now being accepted for the Alzheimer Society Graduate Student Fellowship Award at the University of Manitoba’s Centre on Aging.
They are offered to encourage graduate student interest in research in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Specifically:
- To enhance knowledge about the cause, treatment, cure and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias in the biomedical and psychosocial domains.
- To increase knowledge about the care of people with dementia by formal and informal caregivers.
- To encourage graduate student interest in Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- To stimulate graduate student research activity in Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Each year, two fellowships will be offered to a graduate student who:
- is enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies, in either the first or second year of a Master’s program, or is within the first four years of a doctoral program, and whose research focuses on Alzheimer disease and related dementias in Universities in Manitoba;
- has achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.5 based on the previous 60 credit hours (or equivalent) of study;
- has demonstrated outstanding interest or commitment to research in Alzheimer disease and related dementias.
Application Deadline: May 21, 2021
For more information and how to apply, click here to visit their website.