At the Alzheimer Society we have a dream of what the future will look like for people with dementia and their families. We would like to share it with you.
- People will recognize the warning signs of dementia and not fear a diagnosis of dementia because effective treatments have been found.
- People with dementia will be enabled to participate to their greatest ability in all decisions that affect their lives.
- Society will support the needs of people with dementia by providing for their safe inclusion in all aspects of community life.
- The health care system will be person centred, focusing on achieving quality of life for the person with dementia and the family and friends who support them.
- Family and friends who support people with dementia will be included as part of the care team and will be valued for the exceptional contribution that they make.
- The needs of caregivers will be taken into account, considering their health and well being when providing service to a person with dementia.
- Researchers will unlock the mysteries of cause and cure, giving back to people the opportunity for a long and healthful life.
- Manitobans will understand the importance of and take steps to protect their brain health.