With the next provincial election just around the corner, the Alzheimer Society is asking YOU to help advocate for improved dementia care and supports by talking to your local candidates. Through listening to our clients and community, we’ve identified five priority areas we hope all parties address to ensure that the proper supports are in place for Manitobans affected by dementia today and tomorrow. These five priority areas are:
- Improved housing options for seniors, including those living with dementia.
- Additional financial supports for care partners.
- Improved home care supports.
- Strategies for building more dementia-friendly communities.
- Improved supports to navigate the healthcare system.
Letting candidates know that your family has been affected by dementia and that you hope they’ll do something to help can go a long way and motivate candidates to push for dementia-friendly policies.
Visit our 2023 Provincial Elections webpage for more information about our five priority areas and how you can help us advocate for improved dementia supports this election season.
Together we can help election candidates feel the impact of dementia on Manitobans.