*Thank you for your interest! This posting is now closed.*
The Alzheimer Society of Manitoba is hiring for a full-time permanent Dementia-Friendly Community Coordinator at the provincial office in Winnipeg.
The Dementia-Friendly Community Coordinator, reporting to the Dementia-Friendly Community Program Manager, is responsible for implementing and evaluating dementia-friendly programming in Manitoba, including through the administration and promotion of the Minds in Motion® program and partnerships, the development of community partnered programming, and facilitating dementia-friendly capacity building within organizations across Manitoba.
- A certificate in Therapeutic Recreation for Older Adults, degree in Recreation Studies or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Provincial or national accreditation in fitness, preferably in exercise or active older adult programming, is an asset.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in community-based recreation programming.
- Experience working with older adults in program settings.
- Experience in program design.
- Experience recruiting and directing volunteers and seasonal instructors.
- Experience with public speaking and presentations.
- Demonstrates the skills of needs assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and projects.
- Demonstrates skills in community building.
- Demonstrated skills in leading volunteers, including recruitment, training and development, mentoring and performance evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the needs of older Manitobans.
- Demonstrated skills in administration, including budget tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proficient in the use of the Office Suite.
- Proficient in the use of online or virtual platforms for presentations, webinars and other training.
- Holds a valid driver’ license and able to travel throughout the Winnipeg region and Manitoba.
To view the full job posting, please click here.
Please submit cover letter and resume by email clearly stating how the requirements are met by Friday, August 4th at 4:30 pm to:
Dementia-Friendly Community Program Manager
email@example.com with “Dementia-Friendly Community Coordinator” in the subject line
We invite all qualified applicants from a diverse background to apply. There will be reasonable accommodations made for those living with disabilities.
We thank everyone for applying, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.