The Alzheimer Society of Manitoba is hiring for a full-time permanent Dementia-Friendly Program Manager at the provincial office in Winnipeg.
The Dementia Friendly Program Manager is responsible for the management of dementia friendly programming in Manitoba, including through the administration and promotion of the Minds in Motion program and partnerships, the development of community partnered programming, and facilitating dementia-friendly capacity building within organizations across Manitoba.
- A certificate in Therapeutic Recreation for Older Adults, or degree in Recreation Studies or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Provincial or national accreditation in fitness, preferably in exercise to music or active older adult programming is an asset.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in community based recreation programming
- Experience working with older adults in program settings
- Experience in program design
- Experience recruiting and directing volunteers
Working Level Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of the needs of older Manitobans and the family members and friends who support them
- Demonstrated understanding of the health issues of older adults
- Demonstrated skills of needs assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and projects
- Demonstrates skills in community liaison and advocacy
- Demonstrated skills in leading volunteers, including recruitment, training and development, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated skills in administration, including budgeting and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in the use of the Office Suite
- Holds a valid driver’ license and able to travel throughout the Winnipeg region and Manitoba
To view the entire job posting, please click here.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume, clearly outlining your qualifications by Friday, July 22nd to:
Alzheimer Society of Manitoba
10-120 Donald Street, Winnipeg, MB R3C 4G2
We invite all qualified applicants from a diverse background to apply. There will be reasonable accommodations made for those living with disabilities.
We thank everyone for applying, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.