The Bereavement Support Group assists care partners work through feelings of loss and grief that are experienced when someone living with dementia passes away.
We welcome everyone to this inclusive environment for people of different ethnicities, cultures or persons who identify as part of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
How will the Support Group benefit me?
The Bereavement Support Group will help you to:
- Move through feelings of grief and loss that are experienced when someone living with dementia passes away
- Share your thoughts and emotions relating to your grief and loss
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of various coping strategies
- Exchange mutual support with other caregivers who have recently lost a loved one
Who facilitates the Support Group?
The Support Group is facilitated by Alzheimer Society of Manitoba Client Support Staff.
When are the Support Groups?
The Bereavement Support Group will be taking place on:
- Monday, October 16th to Dec 11th from 2 – 3:30 pm
If you are interested in joining the Bereavement Support Group, please connect with our Client Support Staff for information on upcoming sessions.
For more information and to register for the Bereavement Support Group, please contact the Alzheimer Society at 204-943-6622, or via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your full name and the date/time of the group you are registering for.