The Alzheimer Society of Manitoba is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our local community. Our offices and the delivery of programs and services are following provincial guidelines.
Call us if you have questions or want to talk. Call 204-943-6622 (Winnipeg) or 1-800-378-6699 (Manitoba) or email email@example.com. In an effort to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we are taking the following steps in the delivery of our programs and services:
- Offering family education, support groups and community programs virtually.
- Increasing our capacity to connect with families by phone.
Visit our We Can Help page to view the programs, services and resources available through the Alzheimer Society.
- Helpful Tips & Resources – a compilation of information and resources about COVID-19 and dementia.
- For reliable and up to date information, visit the following websites:
- Manitoba COVID-19 https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/index.html
- Shared Health https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- The decision about moving from a retirement or assisted living home to the home of family (or a friend) during a pandemic can be difficult. Below are two links to resources that can help prepare you and your family members for making this important decision during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note: These resources were created for Ontario residents but we encourage you to contact our office to engage in further discussion as needed.
If you have questions about programs, services or how to help us reach those who are isolated, call us 204-943-6622 in Winnipeg or 1-800-378-6699 in Manitoba.
Concerned about your symptoms or the health of the person you are caring for? Please call Health Links – Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257.